Sunday, August 29, 2010

Spiritual Box of Chocolates

Today we went to visit the Sunday evening service at Hillsong!!! It made me more homesick than anything! It's like, I've been here for a week and have been doing totally fine but right when we got on the bus for Hillsong I got SOOOO homesick!!

I miss my church so much!! I miss the creativity, I miss the excitement, I miss the volunteering!! I miss everything! I found myself taking every opportunity to mention Fellowship and brag about where I come from! I even went and found Ed Young's book in their bookstore and showed it off to everyone saying "MY pastor wrote this!!" :) It was so weird!!!!

But, what made me more sad/happy than anything was the service. It fired me up SO much, which made me happy but it made me want to get on a plane and go home so I could get back into the creativity of Fellowship!

Their service was AMAZING!!! The entire bottom floor was filled with young adults jumping and raising their hands in sincere worship! During times of prayer it was like the room was filled with the most vibrant excitement you've ever experienced! Even their church news video was like an act of creative worship! And all of that was before the message even started!! And ooohhh my was the message good!!

The stage was transformed into an "art gallery" with a huge circular drape in the middle; the speaker would speak from one side of the stage and then an interview video would interrupt, after which he would be on the other side, or behind the curtain, or sitting on a bench; then he'd be interrupted by a song that added to his message, or a live-stream video of a painting being painted. It was like a creative explosion that all flowed together seamlessly!!!

It absolutely filled my soul! It was like God was speaking directly to me and saying, "Hey baby girl, I've made you for this, and I made this for you. I know what fills you up and I know what excites you, and this is it. Enjoy it and then do it!!"

Oh my goodness, it was like God's love letter to me. It's like my spiritual box of chocolates. I absolutely can't wait to get home and start diving in to create for DFW what was created for me! But, I want to grow here at my DTS before I go back and really start serving! And hey, maybe there will be heaps more spiritual boxes of chocolates for me waiting along the way!! (PS Aussie's just at "heaps" to everything...I guess it adds emphasis).

Tomorrow we're going to the zoo to pet koala bears and kangaroos!! I'll upload pictures later!

G'Night!

6 comments:

  1. Chocolate is always good................SPIRITUAL chocolate is always BETTER!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an exciting first day!! I couldn't even imagine going clear across the world when I was your age. Enjoy!!

    I love Koala bears, which they aren't actually bears, but you will learn all that at the zoo!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clancy, you are a brave girl! I'm going to tell my son Ted to read this post. He absolutely loves Hillsong and his dream is to play with them one day. He plays lead guitar here in Texas.

    I know it must be hard to be so far away. Ted, who is a senior this year, just told me the other day, that he has no desire to leave anytime soon. However, if he had a chance to go to Hillsong church, I have a feeling he'd go!

    If you want to feel "at home" while you're away, come read my blog. In the meantime, many blessings to you!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know you, but I see you're doing a DTS program. My friend was doing that in New Zealand. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fancy Clancy this is SO sweet!! Get it... sweet. Chocolates?
    haha

    xo Claudia

    ReplyDelete