Sunday, September 5, 2010

I Learned Something NEW!!!

Now, at first glance the title of my blog might sound a little conceited, as it did when I proudly announced it to my mother; BUT, let me assure you, it's not!!!

Growing up in a very spiritual household I have been brought up to know most all of the basics about God, Jesus, the Bible, etc. So, even though throughout the years I have grown to understand God's love more deeply and learn more about His characteristics I can't say I've really learned something vastly new, like a whole new concept, thought or even idea! But, today I did!!! I learned a FEW!!

The one that REALLY sticks out to me is the concept that Jesus is STILL 100% human! I always thought (well, really just assumed, because I've never actually thought about the opposite idea) that Jesus was 100% human and 100% man while He was on earth and then...well, I guess I didn't think past then. But, it makes total sense!! He was resurrected in his "resurrected body" and His whole being ascended into heaven! DUH!!! So, He is STILL 100% God AND 100% human, he's just now in his resurrected body!

Our speaker talked about the old Greek theology (it had a name that I wrote down in my notes, but I don't want to get up to go look...) where they believed that Jesus was created BY God to to be a sacrifice for all mankind but that that was his sole purpose and He wasn't actually God, he was just created by God for the purpose of sacrifice and THUS salvation. WELLLLLLLL he talked about how some evangelists today believe just the same thing as that Greek theology just because they ONLY focus on Jesus being our salvation, that's it, the end all be all. They don't think about what happens AFTER Jesus' death.

And, to be completely honest I was unknowingly guilty of that, to an extent! Like, I know that Jesus is my best friend, BUT I never really thought about what He's doing right now! Well, in the Bible it tells me that Jesus is constantly being my intercessor to God. And you know WHY he can do that?! Because he's STILL the human representation in the trinity!!!

Well, there's a TON more that he challenged me to think about! Like, the two verses, on in Exodus 34 I believe where it says that the children will be responsible for the fathers sins up to the third and fourth generation, and then the verse in Deuteronomy (STILL in the Old Testament, so the argument that the New Testament makes the Old Testament irrelevant can't even be used) where it say's that the son will not be killed for the father's sins, each person will be killed for their own sins!! AAAHHH!!

I feel like my brain is going to EXPLODE! BUT I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! I can't WAIT to get into the Bible and FIND the answers! I have SO many unanswered questions and I feel totally overwhelmed BUT I'm so glad I feel that way!!! Because, I know that when I do find the answers I'll feel so totally satisfied!

But, do you know what made me open to even thinking or receiving all of these complicated questions and thoughts? The fact that he laid the FIRM foundation that God's real purpose and hope is relationally based! The entire universe is contingent on the RELATIONSHIP of the trinity! He had a lot of Biblical explanations for it, but it would take waaaaay too long to type it all!

Oh my goodness, I feel like a mental tigger!!! I'm just so excited about all of these new thoughts that I get to go ponder and talk about!

Now, I know that probably not all of you will agree with me, but you know what? That's totally fine with me! You're welcome to have your own opinion, but it's my blog so I get to write what I want! :)

It's only 2:00 and my world has already been rocked! But, since I've been raised with such a firm belief in a Christian household, my foundation is still strong. it's just my "house" that's shaking a little, and I LOVE it!!

Now, I'm off to go watch Shrek, write a few letters, eat dinner, clean up dinner, and then another two hour long lecture (that's in addition to the 3 1/2 hour lecture we had this morning!)!!

G'DAY everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment